BOK Financial: Entirely revamp 9 Websites (2015 - 2016)
1. The Context: A Tier-1 US financial firm with 7 bank divisions (Bank of Oklahoma, Bank of Texas, etc.), a national bank (BOK Financial), and a brokerage house (BOSC, Inc.) looking to revamp 9 websites at the same time
2. The Challenge: Provide the client with a mobile-first, responsive design across all 9 sites, along with content that’s accessible and more engaging for consumers, HNW individuals, small businesses, corporations, and institutions, while improving findability and SEO
3. My Role: Lead Content Strategist (12 month engagement with the client); I lead the content strategy for the project, then when we switched to execution, I oversaw all of the content development, hiring copywriters and vendors as required, while ensuring that all of the content across all of their digital properties was accurate, complete, compelling, and compliant.
4. My Team: Sr. UX Designer, Project Manager, Account Manager, Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Technology Officer
5. Our Process: Agile-Lite
6. The Message: “Your Goals, Our Knowledge” (We introduced the human element to banking, using personal or business goals as a way to frame financial discussions, which would lead to recommended products and services, while leading them through a more conversational journey)
8. Final results: BOK Financial Securities as well as BOK Financial and Bank of Oklahoma, and 6 of their bank divisions (Bank of Texas, Bank of Arizona, and others located throughout the US Southwest)
Wells Fargo Startup Accelerator: Rewrite their Website (2016)
- The Context: The Wells Fargo Startup Accelerator is an innovation unit within Wells Fargo. Their previous website looked very corporate, and didn’t speak to their target audience. They sought to redesign it, to increase visibility, support outreach, and attract additional program applicants, while differentiating and illustrating benefits of their program over the competition.
- The Challenge: Develop a mobile-optimized site with content that's attractive and engaging to startups; improve both discoverability of the site and conversion rates for applications on the site.
- My Role: Lead Content Strategist and Copywriter
- My Team: Director of Strategy, Creative Director, Project Manager, Account Manager
- Our Process: Agile, 3 sprints (2 months)
- The Message: After workshopping with the client, I developed several alternatives; they ultimately chose the one I recommended “Stand Out from Other Startups.” This set the tone for all the content and design of the site.
- Our Solution: With a mobile-first approach, we synthesized subpages into a single home page, so that all of the important information would be attractive, engaging, and easy to access, with only one additional FAQ page for more detailed information. We also divided the application form into smaller, progressive segments for a more personable experience. Our creative team redesigned the site while I wrote the copy, working to fit everything into modules, which the interaction designer and I had built into the new wireframes.